Storage Container Fabrication
Automatic Vertical Tank Welder
• FCAW-S welding process - 2 mm wire
• Gullco "KAT" travel carriage and oscillator used to track weld joint.
• Removable welding gun for manual welding
• Minimum Tank Diameter – 15 feet (4.6M)
• Minimum & Maximum Plate Thickness
¼” to 2” (6.3mm to 50.8mm)
• Allows vertical welding on plates up to 10 ft (3.05M) high
• Power Source:
DC type constant current or constant potential
The Automatic Vertical Tank Welder (12 O'clock welder) is a submerged arc-welding machine designed for welding the vertical seams of oil, gas, and grain storage tanks.
The machine travels along the top of the tank's plates and welds the vertical seams. Safety support arms are welded on each truck to prevent the machine from falling should a wheel run off the plate edge. The machine is equipped with an enclosed operator safety cage. The machine has a lifting eye and cable disconnects to simplify moving. A cable support arm holds the cables clear of the scaffolding generally placed around the tank.
An optional fitted canvas cover and frame for weather protection which contain windows on each side is available.