Ship and Barge
Stiffener Fitting Gantry
• Fits flat, angle, tee and bulb type stiffener configurations.
• Fitting beam is adjustable to accommodate various stiffener heights
• Stiffener side align, skew, and rotational placement capabilities reduce fitting time.
• Hold down system provides uniform clamping force along the full length of the stiffener.
• Capable of skewing 6 inches (150mm) each side of center
• Fitting beam can align stiffeners end to end 4 inches (100 mm)
• The gantry includes a battery back-up system for continuous power to magnets in the event of temporary power interruptions
The Ogden Stiffener Fitter is a gantry style machine used to fit and tack-weld stiffeners onto a steel panel while holding the stiffener in position.
The machine spans the panel and consists of a large beam supported by two end truck assemblies. Suspended under this beam are a series of magnet arms used to clamp and hold the stiffeners laterally. Hydraulic presser cylinders mounted in the beam clamp the stiffener vertically. The weld module travels along the beam straddling the stiffener which allows the stiffener to be tack welded at various point along its length.
With this unique stiffener fitting system proper stiffener orientation can be made with the integrated stiffener retrieval, stiffener location, and hold down systems. This assures the operator can rapidly make high quality, uniform tack welds on each side of the stiffener.
The stiffener fitting gantry drastically reduces the time necessary to properly fit stiffeners onto the steel plate. The automatic option allows stiffeners to be fit and tacked within an 8 minute cycle time.